• The Royal Netherlands honored us for ‘Best Street Theatre’ in 2006.
• We were recipients of “Best Civil Society Award” from UNAIDS in 2006.
• Tamil Nadu State AIDS Control Society honored Sahodaran in 2010 by awarding us a new project in North Chennai: Sahodaran Unit II. Recognizing our success in Central and South Chennai, TNSACS exhorted us to empower and mobilize MSM and TGs in impoverished areas of North Chennai. We were also asked to conduct counselors orientation and experience sharing for other NGOs implementing TIs for MSM.
• We received National AIDS Control Organization’s Red Ribbon Express Cultural Troupe Award in 2010 for our dance and theatre-based advocacy.
• Sahodaran received a special award of appreciation in Nagapattinam district in 2010 for the orientations conducted there
• We received a Solidarity award from the South India AIDS Action Programme for our work with Pehchan TI project in 2011
• The Family Planning Association of India awarded us the “Best Grassroots Level Award” in 2014
• Sahodaran director Sunil Menon won lifetime achievement award from Asian book of records and TAI-VHS in 2014.